The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is affiliated with USU and provides administrative services for positions with the CDP. HJF is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving military medicine and public health. Available positions are listed below.
Military Behavioral Health Social Worker: HJF is seeking a Military Behavioral Health Social Worker to support the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CDP. This position may consider 100% remote work.
The Uniformed Service’s University of the Health Science’s (USU) Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP), is looking for a social worker to serve as the primary subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact for an Encounter Skills Training Model and Survey Tool project being conducted in collaboration with the DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (DoD SAPRO) and Department of Justice (DoJ) Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Victim Services Division (VSD). The focus of the project is to research and develop a non-clinical encounter skills training model, adapted from an evidence-based clinical model, to expand the core competency skills of DoD and DoJ Victim Specialists.
- Research and develop a training curriculum that can be used to train both DoD and DoJ Victim Specialists, with a focus on non-clinical encounter skills. The training curriculum will include PowerPoint slides with speaker notes, handouts, case vignettes and other training resources as applicable.
- Complete a thorough literature review of both academic literature and publicly available data from research organizations to help inform work and curriculum that will be summarized in a final written Training Curriculum Literature Review report.
- Consult with relevant groups and SMEs to help inform work and curriculum. As well as track and coordinate tasks assigned out to other SMEs and CDP staff related to this project.
- Oversee all aspects of piloting the final encounter skills training model to an identified audience.
- Provide monthly status reports that detail major accomplishments during the month, problems/resolutions, recommendations, and the estimated completion dates for longer-term tasks. Complete final summary report.
- Work closely with CDP’s Assistant director of Program Evaluation who will oversee the development of two assessment tools focused on identifying gaps between current and optimal capabilities to deliver effective victim assistance: 1) a non-clinical victim needs assessment tool, and 2) a victim satisfaction survey tool.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and implementation of CDP courses to ensure they meet the criteria of the Association of Social Work Board's Approved Continuing Education standards.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of appropriate scientific areas; knowledge of basic clinical skills; ability to analyze and interpret data; experience conducting literature reviews and/or writing manuscripts for publication in professional journals or books and writing and presenting papers at professional meetings and conferences.
Assistant Director of Training and Education : HJF is seeking an Assistant Director of Training and Education to support the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) located at the Rockledge office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CDP. This position may consider 100% remote work.
CDP has the mission to train military and civilian behavioral health professionals to provide high quality deployment-related behavioral health services to military personnel and their families. The Assistant Director (AD) will be primarily responsible for managing the development, delivery and evaluation of a range of training and research programs and will also serve as a subject matter expert/trainer. The incumbent will work with the Director to ensure the executive team and CDP staff and faculty are appraised of program developments and activities, important deadlines and deliverables and asset needs and allocation. The AD will supervise a team of project managers and staff, provide updates at staff and expanded executive meetings, develop and recommend strategies for achieving mission goals, and partner with external organizations on education and training projects.
- Supervise project managers, administrative assistants and other program staff in developing, coordinating and executing a range of courses and trainings. Supervision includes writing mid and annual reviews, approving supervisees’ timesheets, and providing ongoing feedback about performance.
- Assist the Director in coordinating, managing and promoting a variety of programming relevant to CDP needs including the development or improvement of processes and procedures for high quality, efficient output.
- Along with the Director, collaborate and liaison with external partners to implement and track external contract goals. This collaboration includes leading meetings, coordinating communications, writing required reports, delivering briefs, and building relationships with external partners.
- Develop and monitor CDP Statement of Objective (SOO) goals while maintaining awareness of the budgets supporting programs and ensuring delivery of high-quality education and training programs within those budget constraints.
- Provide oversight to project managers on finalizing training curricula and speaker line-ups, internal and external reports, and other tracking documents and on developing external-facing training materials (website language, flyers) and other strategies to recruit participants. Consult with the Communications Specialist as needed.Provide monthly status reports that detail major accomplishments during the month, problems/resolutions, recommendations, and the estimated completion dates for longer-term tasks. Complete final summary report.
- Ensure support staff complete administrative responsibilities and data collection for their programs including covering continuing education credits. This role includes holding team meetings with staff along with the Director and making recommendations for enhancing staff development, teamwork, and productivity.
- Conduct subject matter expert/trainer responsibilities to include, but not limited to: developing and delivering workshops for military and civilian behavioral health providers; updating current training materials/developing new training materials; providing/tracking consultation; and contributing to CDP’s subject matter expert blog posts, podcasts, videos, and other additional educational activities as needed.
- Provide HR/personnel updates to the Director and executive team regarding program needs, progress and new developments.
- Review draft surveys, pre- and post-tests, and evaluation/summary reports written by the program evaluator for internal and external use, providing feedback as needed, and disseminating final reports as appropriate to relevant faculty members and the executive team.
- Consult with faculty members about their duties to develop and update slide decks, as well as provide them with feedback about their trainings and presentations as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must have a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology. They must have extensive experience with developing, organizing and delivering presentations, workshops, and other curriculum-based learning tools in person and familiarity with online delivery formats. Excellent organizational and communications skill (written and verbal) are required including strong attention to details, timetables and deadlines. Must be assertive, comfortable working with and delegating to others, able to multi-task with different projects, and team oriented.
For other career opportunities, you can visit the HJF employment site by clicking here.