The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is affiliated with USU and provides administrative services for positions with the CDP. HJF is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving military medicine and public health. Available positions are listed below.
Administrative Assistant: HJF is seeking a Administrative Assistant to support the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the CDP.
Performs a wide range of administrative and clerical duties for education and training teams as they prepare for and host multi-day workshops. Work assignments are varied and complex in nature and considerable judgment is required in resolving problems. Some general tasks include preparing reports, meeting minutes and correspondence; creating and editing documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Assists in customer service and correspondence, requiring knowledge and understanding of department programs.
- Assist project managers in coordinating training events through administrative support including facilitating faculty conferences and staff meetings. (20%)
- Prepare and disseminate training materials for projects and workshops. (20%)
- Assist project managers with tasks pertaining to marketing training events, participant recruitment and program evaluation including helping to develop and disseminate online and print training announcements and pre- and post-surveys. (20%)
- ssist project managers in maintaining accurate project records, documentation and files such as travel, training records, accounts receivable and meeting minutes. (15%)
- Assist project managers with event registration for both online and in person events. (15%)
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and other documents related to tracking the progress of CDP projects and workshops. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.; excellent communication skills; ability to type at least 60 words per minute, operate a word processor or computer, and effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
For other career opportunities, you can visit the HJF employment site by clicking here.