The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is affiliated with USU and provides administrative services for positions with the CDP. HJF is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving military medicine and public health. Available positions are listed below.
Program Manager: HJF is seeking a Program Manager to support the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) located in Rockville, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the CDP.
The incumbent will provide administrative project oversight to maximize the effective use of project resources. Assists the Director and Assistant Director in program management in the areas of research and training event management, programmatic reporting, personnel time coordination, and purchasing areas. Works on problems of limited scope, applying a basic understanding of organizational objectives, budgeting processes, and project management principles.
- Coordinates all aspects of select funded research projects within the Directorate, to include scheduling and leading meetings with internal and external personnel, ensuring that project deliverables are completed within established milestones and meeting quality standards, monitoring progress across multiple aspects of projects, and consolidating information into interim and final project reports. Assists with creation and submission of regulatory documentation (e.g., IRB packages and required reporting). (40%)
- Manages select training and education programs within the Directorate. Tasks will include scheduling meetings, sending reminder emails, coordinating registration for training events, assisting with curriculum editing/creation process and soliciting feedback from internal and external SMEs on training needs. Additionally, the role will require planning and arranging upcoming training events, to include coordination of continuing education credits. (35%)
- Responsible for tracking portfolio activity and providing regular updates on related activities to Directorate and CDP Leadership. Assists with the development and formulation of annual statement of objectives. (10%)
- Provides advice on manpower utilization, workflow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the program. (5%)
- Manages task assignments to other CDP staff for projects and programs under assigned portfolio. (5%)
- Monitors revenues and expenditures and coordinates purchasing. (5%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of organizational objectives, research administration, office automation; ability to work completely independently, use sound judgement in solving problems, and coordinate many complex systems and programs simultaneously. Knowledge of project management principles, and good communications, customer/client relationship skills and people management experience.
For other career opportunities, you can visit the HJF employment site by clicking here.