The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, useful links from around the web. April is the Month of the Military Child. Some of this week's topics include:
● Coercive Parenting Mediates the Relationship between Military Fathers’ Emotion Regulation and Children’s Adjustment.
● Toward a Framework for Military Family Life Education: Culture, Context, Content, and Practice.
● Healthcare provider burn-out: A war with uncertainty.
● Exploring Factors Contributing to College Success among Student Veteran Transfers at a Four-Year University.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, behavioral healthcare providers are facing numerous challenges. One major challenge is the rapid transition from delivering in-person care to providing telehealth services for patients. Research has demonstrated multiple benefits of using mobile app technology. This blog will focus on reviewing key ethical issues to consider when using mobile apps while providing telehealth services, using the CBT-I Coach mobile app as an example.
This article provides rationale for utilizing a suicide screening procedure in a sleep medicine setting and offers suggested elements for such screening. The authors note that the connection between sleep problems and suicide risk has become well established, although the mechanisms of this relationship are not yet clear. Even though research on the relationship between sleep problems and suicide is not new (these authors note that the relationship was known nearly sixty years ago!), an increase in the amount and specificity of research examining sleep and suicide has been fairly recent and has led to the inclusion of sleep disturbance as both a risk factor and a warning sign for suicide risk.
The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● PTSD Research Quarterly: Practical Implications of Research on Intimate Partner Violence Against Women
● The Role of Psychological and Social Factors in the Relationship between Attachment and Suicide: A Systematic Review.
● The Use of Telepain for Chronic Pain in the U.S. Armed Forces: Patient Experience from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
● Effect of Patient Compliance With Treatment Recommendations on Clinical Outcomes in Chronic mTBI: A TEAM-TBI Study.