The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include:
● Testing the role of aerobic exercise in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms in U.S. active duty military personnel: a pilot study.
● We live and die by the sun: motor vehicle fatalities and circadian timing in the USA 2001 to 2018.
● Polygenic risk for major depression is associated with lifetime suicide attempt in US soldiers independent of personal and parental history of major depression.
Last week, from 10-12 January, the Center for Deployment Psychology presented the first iteration of The Winter Institute session of our "Pathways to Military Internship" program. This course is offered to doctoral students who are interested in learning more about military internships in the U.S. Army, Navy, or Air Force. It is intended to act as an offshoot of the exisiting Summer Institute.
The weekly Research Update contains the latest news, journal articles, useful links from around the web. Some of this week's topics include: ● Effectiveness of cognitive behavioral conjoint therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in a U.S. Veterans Affairs PTSD clinic.
● Imaginal exposure processing during Concurrent Treatment of PTSD and Substance Use Disorders using Prolonged Exposure (COPE) therapy: Examination of linguistic markers of cohesiveness.
● Military traumatic brain injury: a challenge straddling neurology and psychiatry.