What Are The Training Tiers?
Star Behavioral Health Providers features three tiers of training with each tier building upon the previous one. The content for most of Tier One and all of Tier Two and Tier Three is developed exclusively by the Center for Deployment Psychology.
Providers who complete any one of these tiers are then able to join the SBHP registry. The breakdown and course content of the tiers, including an optional online course, are as follows:
Tier One (1-day course comprised of the following modules):
- Military Culture & Terminology: Enhancing Clinical Competence
- The Deployment Cycle & Its Impact on Service Members & Their Families
Tier Two (2-day course comprised of the following modules):
- Alcohol and Drug Use with the Military Population
- Assessment and Treatment of PTSD
- Assessment and Treatment of Suicidal Behavior Associated with Military Service: An Overview
- Ethical Considerations for working with Military Members and Veterans
- Overview of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in the Military
- Sleep Disorders: An Overview of Sleep Disorders Common in Military Members
- The Unique Challenges of Military Families
Tier Three (one of the following 2-day courses):
- Evidence Based Treatment for PTSD: Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Assessment and Treatment of Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in the U.S. Military
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Related to Deployment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression (CBT-D)
Other evidence-based treatments are slated to be included in future iterations. Please check www.starproviders.org for information regarding upcoming training opportunities.