The Center for Deployment Psychology Summer Institute: Preparing for a Psychology Career in the Military (CDPSI) is a five-day course that was established to raise doctoral students’ awareness of what it would be like to serve as a psychologist in the Armed Forces and to increase their competitiveness for a military internship. The course is:
- Offered at no cost and provides lodging for the entirety. (Students are required to pay for their own travel, meals, and incidentals)
- Hosted at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU) located in Bethesda, MD.
- Intended for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year doctoral students in clinical or counseling psychology
- Aimed at students seriously considering applying for military internships at one of the ten training programs located throughout the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- An intensive program which will strengthen trainees’ backgrounds in military behavioral health as they gain first-hand knowledge of military culture, the work of psychologists serving in uniform, and evidence-based strategies to treat active duty Service members.